Ausgrid Learning Centre Trigeneration
The new Energy Australia Learning Centre will be the country’s largest electrical learning centre and will be home to the next generation of front line energy workers. The Learning Centre will also become the headquarters of the electricity provider’s smart grid operations and energy efficiency centre.
- Showcase innovative solutions for tomorrows energy problems
- Effectively reduce the running costs of the new Learning Centre
- Reduce the environmental of the new Learning Centre
- Generate 70% of the electricity base load of the centre
- Create “free” heating and cooling for the learning Centre
- Become a research piece for the new trainees at Energy Australia
Goldman energy was engaged to design, project manage, supply and install the cogeneration plant.
The system utilizes a T120KW TEDOM Cogeneration system and waste heat recovery Absorption chiller. This efficiently generates a proportion of the electricity used by the centre and generates cooling. The Trigeneration system is designed to operate for 15 hours of the day over the peak and shoulder electricity tariff periods.
- Creates 1,800 kWh electricity per day for use within the facility
- Creates 2,445 kWh heat per day for use in the hot water generation
- Creates 1,470 kWh per day of cooling for the centre
Goldman Energy’s Trigeneration systems can reach efficiency of 95%.